Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Tank Positioning

Posted By: Mr Leadfoot <leadfoot@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2002, at 3:31 a.m.

I've seen may posts here in regards to 100+ gallon tanks, and I was just curious, where to you all keep them?

What I mean is, I live in a house with a family room, and I keep my 29 gallon there. When I first got it going, I realized how heavy it is. Close to 350 lbs., I would think with water, stand, gravel, etc.

If I tromp around near the tank, I can see the water moving. Of course, I'm in Northern California, where most homes are raised and the floors are wood.

I've actually been thinking I probably should've put my tank in the kitchen, where it is an all tile floor, but today someone told me the tile might crack under such weight.

So, where to you put a 40 or 55 gallon tank, let alone a 100+ tank. Do you need to re-inforce the floor, or something?

Thanks,
Kelvin

</