Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Depressed.

Posted By: Joe Loach <jloach@onlinetoday.com>
Date: Monday, 29 April 2002, at 11:27 p.m.

I made 50% water changes in both of my tanks today (80 and 30). I've done this before many times. I usually make 1/3 to 1/2 partial water changes. Something went terribly wrong this time. I'm not sure what. I used a new dechlorinator called Tropical Science Complete Care (removes chlorine and chloramine). I wonder if it was this product or if there was some drastic difference between my tap and the tanks? In the 30, within 1/2 hour I lost 4 of my 7 Glass Catfish, and all of the fish looked stressed. I looked in my fish kit to find no pH test kit and no ammonia kit, but everything else (I need to pick up some new ones). Those are the kits that I would have used. Perhaps there was some sort of seasonal change in the pH of the tap, or the water department doubled the amount of chloramines. I have no idea. I'm pretty bummed. Strangly, everything is fine in the 80. I don't get it. Just thought I'd share.

I need to get some new kits, and test that darn water, also I think I'll make smaller and more frequent partial water changes. Man, this is the part of the hobby that I hate.

JL

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.