Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Now what do I do...treating ich

Posted By: kmp
Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2002, at 1:34 p.m.

I treated my tank with the only Ich product I could find in this town! Ick Clear Tank Buddies by Jungle. I used half the dose (1/2 tablet per 10 gal) (as recommended for scaleless) the first day, did a 25% water change/vacuum the second day with the another dose (1/2 tab per 10 gal). I also raised the temp to 84-85 (other fish started acting sluggish higher, so left it just below 85), although the Ick Clear said I did not need to. The clowns looked awful. The Ich seemed to look worse than before, and it seemed the skin was sloughing off, it was horrible. No medication was added yesterday, I left the water temp alone, and today they look better. Still spots, but skin does not appear to be coming off, and they seem a little more active. I did a 25% water change with gravel vacuuming.....now what? Do I leave the water temp up? I also found a small bottle of Quick Cure (brand Aquariu