Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

pH problems!

Posted By: kmp
Date: Tuesday, 7 May 2002, at 2:39 p.m.

My well water pH is 6 or maybe lower. (which I know is too low for what I have) My tanks have been quite established and cycled and it seems whenever I check the pH of the tanks, it is around 7.5, which I like. I have not been able to figure out what causes the pH to change so much. My 55 gal (which was previously owned/established for 3 years, and I used 30 gal of water with only a slight gravel rinse to restart it) is usually closer to neutral than my 10 gal (which was started with stuff from the 55). I had a UGF in my 55 gal with some LARGE cichlids, but I tore that out and gave away my big fish to get the tank ready for my small clowns that are in the 10 gal, (I only have two at this time). I do small frequent water changes because the pH is so different from tap to tank. I have never added any type of pH changer, no baking soda, nothing that i can think of to change the pH. I thought I had read somewhere that pH lo