Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Re: Please help - my loach is ill!!!!!

Posted By: tinwhistle
Date: Thursday, 9 May 2002, at 12:10 p.m.

Hi! The fact that the little fellow swims all over in the net is a pretty good indication that it's not something REALLy bad whatever is going on.

I'm not an eelkeeper so I can't really say if the tire track eel would pester the yoyo, a quick search on the behavioral patterns of tire tracks indicates that they're not all that aggressive! The one place I found says that they can eat smaller fish but if your yoyo is decent sized that shouldn't be a problem.

Heres an idea can you set up a little loachy cave for the yoyo something like a piece of driftwood with a chunk of slate leaned against one side? It could be that the eel is getting territorial (as it appears they can when they grow) and is chasing the yoyo out! Try making a new cave and seeing if y