Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Clowns always hiding daytime

Posted By: Laurie Junod <lauriejunod@yahoo.com>
Date: Friday, 10 May 2002, at 11:35 a.m.

Have 3 clowns in a 55 gal. with 4 barbs, a 3" pleco, a pair of Salvini cichlids, and a Jack Dempsey. The female salvini is a bit aggressive cause of spawning, and the only new addition to the tank. Clowns purchased in June 2001 and are now 2.5". About a month ago I purchased a fake log type decoration and they preferred this hiding place to the driftwood and rock caves I believe because they like tight places. The thing is now they hardly ever come out except around 2am. to hunt for food. Even if I feed frozen food during the day they don't come out, I am assuming they can smell it? They used to swim all over the tank intermittedly throughtout the day. So am I feeding them too well...or they are just getting lazy with age..or they are intimidated by the other fish...? Th