Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Which loach might be a better choice here?

Posted By: Eric L
Date: Sunday, 12 May 2002, at 9:15 a.m.

I am currently working on a new tank.Currently the tank is set up as follows:4 foot long,55 gallons,2 Horabagrus Brachysoma catfish 4" long,5 Barbus Lateristriga barbs 3" long.Quartz gravel,3 8" bark tubes,plastic Rotala,20 round rocks,Supreme skilter 250 power filter,Ebo-Jager model TH200(oldie but a goodie!)heater,1 40 watt Corallife Trichromatic,1 40 watt GE Sunshine.In the near future,I will be installing a manifold and multiple needle valves after my regulator to distribute CO2 to all my tanks including this new one.I have 4 large pieces of bogwood that are completely obscured by the Java Fern that grows on it.I will hopefully be moving the bogwood/ferns over(Do spanner barbs eat Java Fern?)to this tank.I would like to add a single Botia type loach to this tank.I saw a healthy looking loach of the "Tiger/Hymenophysa" assembly of speciesfor sale recently