Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Kuhli Loaches

Posted By: Lisa
Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2002, at 8:56 a.m.

How about Kuhli loaches with guppies? Can they handle brackish water? I'm looking for a nice, small loach for our tank. We just set up our first aquarium--a 20 Long with a Marineland Bio-Wheel 125. I put two live plants in when I first set up the tank. After 3-4 days we added our first fish, 5 guppies. One died the next day, possibly of Tail and Fin Rot. I treated the others with Melafix and they are doing fine ten days later. Now we suddenly have snails (I didn't know to soak the plants first). very tiny, very cute, very much eating my plants. I've seen clown loaches in tanks with guppies, but I don't have room for 3 clown loaches. Which loaches might make good companion fish for guppies? I want at least three, so I want loaches that wouldn't grow so big. My water is brackish, about 15 t for 18.5 gallons. I keep it a