Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Re: braai tongs?

Posted By: Isla <kirk_isla@hotmail.com>
Date: Thursday, 16 May 2002, at 4:35 p.m.

I think the best thing for you to do would be to invest in your own test kits so that youre not relying on the LFS - you should test for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate and each of these should be as close to 0 as possible.

Metals in the water? Im not the person to ask about that - Im blessed with pretty good water in Edinburgh and so havent HAD to read up on kh, gh, metals etc etc.

I didnt mean to alarm you though - sometimes you fish will just glance because they have an itch. Keep an eye on them for now and you may be able to tell in time, what, if anything is causing it.

I dont have family in SA but have a lot of saffie friends (my flatmate for one) - keep meaning to visit but need to save up for the flig