Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Outdoor ponds and ich

Posted By: Minnow <larry_wright@exe.com>
Date: Monday, 20 May 2002, at 12:58 a.m.

Something I have noticed in fish outdoors in a small pond versus aquarium kept fish is that ich doesn't seem to be a player when large water temperature variations occur. It is not unusual for the water temperature in the pond to move up and down twenty degrees each day. It is a gradual change of course over every hour of the day but still very dramatic for tropicals. I keep tinfoil barbs, silver dollars, angels, plecos, various other SA cichlids, a large black shark as well as a permanent colony of goldfish, weather loaches and a high finned banded shark. I haven't had much luck with bala's or clown loaches in the past, but I plan on trying larger ones this spring since the one's in the past have a