Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

New Kuhlie Tank

Posted By: Cybermeez <cybermeez@aol.com>
Date: Monday, 3 June 2002, at 8:07 p.m.

Well, after 10 months of unemployment I finally have a new job!!!

What was the second thing I said to my boss after saying, "Yes, I'll take it"? "Can I have a small fish tank in my office?", of course.

I got the OK from the facilities guy today (he said "no more than 5 gallons", but a 10g isn't much bigger....he'll never notice the difference).

I have begun thinking about what to have in the tank and I'm considering a small pack of Kuhlies. Would 3 or 4 be OK in a 10 gallon tank? I'll be using a Millennium 2000 in the set-up. At 160 gph it will turn over the tank 16 times an hour (!), is that too much for them or do they like super clean and oxygenated water?

I've never kept Kuhlies before, but have wanted to for some time now. It's just that I think the pea gravel in my 30g tank at home is probably too big f