Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Modestas with Clowns

Posted By: Mr Leadfoot <leadfoot@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Monday, 3 June 2002, at 11:58 p.m.

I read a thread awhile back where someone was asking whether or not blues can be kept with clowns, and if I remember correctly, the general consensus was 'NO'.

Some of you already know that I am relatively new to aquariums, but I've learned alot quite quickly from the folks on this forum. So, I should share what I discovered about clowns and modestas.

I went to new lfs today, and saw that they had some modestas and a yo-yo. The yo-yo was a beauty, but since there was only one, I passed. However, they had 4 blues that they said had been there for quite some time. Though I thought that was strange, because this is the first place I've seen them, I was also pleased because they looked very healthy, and since they were there awhile, I'm petty sure they were disease-free.

Anyway, I asked o