Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Clown Loach and Grey Spot

Posted By: Mr Leadfoot <leadfoot@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Saturday, 8 June 2002, at 12:32 a.m.

Does anyone know what a small 1/3 inch dark grey spot might be on a clown loach? 3 weeks ago, I noticed this spot on one of my clowns. I don't think it was there before. It's on the lower part of his body, just behind the pelvic fin.

The fish seems to be behaving normally and has a good appetite. It doesn't look like something external, yet it doesn't appear to be a parasite. Well, not that I can tell anyway. When I look lengthwise down the side, I don't see anything raised. It almost seems as if it's just a part of his pattern, but I can't be sure, because it's only on one side, and my two other loaches' patterns are pretty symmetrical, as is this loaches are markings. Anyone have ANY idea? Is it possible for a fish to develop more markings as it matures? This one can't be