Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

We adopted an orphan.

Posted By: Martin Thoene <gkadar@sympatico.com>
Date: Saturday, 8 June 2002, at 9:30 a.m.

In our apartment block, people sometimes leave things they no longer want, but feel may be of use to others in the common areas.

Yesterday, Momfish is in our underground garage and hears a cry, "Help me. I am homeless and just want to be loved."

She sees a poor orphan 10 gallon tank, hood, light, Aquaclear Mini Filter lurking in the shadows where somebody has abandoned it. Being a charitable sort of person, she takes pity on the poor little waif and picks it up, holds it to her chest and comforts it. She tells it not to worry. Everything will be OK and she will take it to a new life, filled with pretty fishes and clean water.

She placed it in our station wagon for safety and today we brought it up to it's new home. It seems to be happy and we will give it a good bath, dry it with warm towels and then fill it with fresh water to see if it has any problems with incontinence (i.e. leaks). Once we know it is healthy, we may set it up to lead an active, useful life as a quarantine tank.

We feel that we have done a good deed in taking this poor foundling into our home ............ and give two thumbs up for us scoring a freebie tank!

( The last bit was a lapse into materialistic, 'Hey, we scored a tank for free' mode!)

:) Martin.

Messages In This Thread