Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

compatibility question

Posted By: Regina <regina@wnclink.com>
Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2002, at 2:23 p.m.

I have a 55 gallon that has been set up for over 2 years, housing 7 Clown loaches ranging from 3-5 inches, 2 Botia Modesta about 4 inches each, 5 Kuhli loaches, and a common pleco, about 7 inches long. All is well & good in the tank now. I also have a 30 gallon that housed Swordtails & 1 common Pleco about 4 inches long. All the Swords are gone now, and I will be moving the 30 gallon tank to a new place ion the house. My question is if I can move the small pleco to the 55 gallon without any problems... I'll be moving him back to the 30 gallon after I get it set up and reestablished in a couple months.. Does more than one pleco work in this setting?? There are plenty of caves for everyone right now.. Also, once I set up the 30 gallon again, I want to move the Botia Modestas to that tank. How many M