Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Behavior Question

Posted By: Derek <derek_tustin@hotmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2002, at 10:58 p.m.

Hi, hoping somebody can help with basic behavior information. I recently got a couple of fish from a guy who is moving out of my complex. There were some large fish and some smaller fish, and to achieve a better balance with temperature, plants, size, etc., I redistributed them in my set up tanks. Two of the fish he had were a weather loach and a chinese algae eater. I put both of these guys in a community tank with larger fish (a leporinus, large pleco, and a pair of large kissers). Anyway, both of these fish are about 5 inches in size, and they came from seperate tanks. Long story short, these two are inseperable. They hang out in the same cave, they play with each other (the loach twirling around the algae eater), and follow each other around the tank. Now I'm talking both of these guys following each other. It's not a situation where one f