Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Oxygen Question

Posted By: Mr Leadfoot <leadfoot@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Friday, 14 June 2002, at 5:16 p.m.

I have a UGF with 2 powerheads and an AquaClear 150 on a 29 gallon thank. Two of my friends came over at separate times and questioned me about why I didn't have my air venturis open to allow more oxygentation.

Now, I had previously asked the "expert" at an LFS about setting up my powerheads in terms of oxygenation, and he had said that I really shouldn't need additional oxygen at all. If the tank was not overstocked and the water chemistry was in balance, I should close the venturis on the powerheads and just let the powerheads circulate the water.

Now, I'm not sure what to believe, but my fish seem very healthy, and are gowing quite quickly. In fact I had to sell my two bala sharks because they got HUGE in a period of two months! I also have plants, two pothos and two swords, I figure are helping oxy