|View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
The Loach Forum Archives (4)
Moving a Tank Questions
Posted By: Mr Leadfoot <email@example.com>
Date: Monday, 17 June 2002, at 3:24 p.m.
I have a 29 gallon tank. I'm thinking I need to move it because it is in a walkway in my family room, that gets more traffic than I originally anticipated. And, that traffic appears be causing more stress on my fish than necessary.
Now, I read somewhere that to move a tank you can do something like this:
1) Drain some water into a bucket into which you can place your fish
2) Remove all ornaments
3) Place fish in bucket
4) Drain remaining water into a clean garbage can (I assume they meant big plastic ones for outside trash)
5) Move tank (I'm thinking of moving the tank and stand together as one unit)
6) Replace ornaments and use the same water
7) Replace fish and remaing water from bucket where fish were
Does anyone see any problems with this, or maybe have