Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Clown Moving Pebbles

Posted By: Cybermeez <cybermeez@aol.com>
Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2002, at 10:18 p.m.

I just watched my Pop, biggest (6 inch) Clown Loach, systematically pick up pebbles in her mouth and cast them aside and she dug for a morsel of food in the substrate. She'd grab them one at a time and then drop them off to the left or right. She continued to do this for several minutes until she got at what she was digging for. Her behavior was very deliberate unlike the Corys who just shove their noses into the gravel. It was a really neat thing to see.

I remember someone here mentioning that one night their Clowns had taken a specific color of gravel in their tank (I think it was black) and moved it all into their cave. All the other colored pebbles were untouched. This must have been how they did it, one pebble at a time like Pop.

My Loachy friends never cease to amaze me!

Robin