Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

help for a small clown

Posted By: Nicole <led_dk@hotmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2002, at 12:38 p.m.

Hi everyone. I have a bit of a problem with my smallest clown loach LG (short for little guy). I have 4 clowns, 1 Botia dario(2.5 inches)and 3 yo yo loaches (1.5 inches) in my 33 gal aquarium. Everyone seems to be healthy and happy except LG, who has not grown since I got him in march. He looks really skinny, you can see the outline of his bones. At first I thought he was just small because he is at the bottom of the loach pecking order, but I'm getting pretty worried about him now. I'm not sure if he is actually eating, but he forages around like the others. The other clowns are about 2 inches long, plump and healthy looking. LG is only about 1.5 inches long, and as I said previously, very thin. Does anyone know what could be causing this, or how I can help him?

Messages In This Thread