|View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
The Loach Forum Archives (4)
Posted By: Stu <email@example.com>
Date: Tuesday, 25 June 2002, at 2:08 p.m.
This guy is very definitely not well. He will come out of his cave once in awhile and mix it up with the other clowns for a minute or so and then returns to his cave. He is obviously becoming thinner and eats very little. I suspect worms. I read about using levamisole hydrochloride to treat internal parasites so I'm giving it a spin. In my area it is only available in powder and pill form as pig and sheep wormer. The pills are 184mg each and I am using 2 pills per 5 gallons or 368mg. I understand this is something of an overdose but the drug is harmless to fish and bacteria. It is worm specific in action. The pills dissolved readily in warm water. I filtered the solution twice through coffee filters to remove the solids. What I wound up wit