Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

HELPFUL INFORMATION

Posted By: greg <gregandeileen@juno.com>
Date: Thursday, 11 July 2002, at 3:25 p.m.

I read Gareth spent some hours chasing his fish around the tank with a net!! My Clowns HATE the net!
Anyway, I once had to tear down my 60 for major maintenance. I knew I would be there forever trying to catch all the fish, and they might thrash around in the net and get hurt. So I called a vet I know and asked him if he knew of anything safe to partially "knock out" fish so they could be easily caught, reducing the possibility of injury. Here is what he told me, and did it ever work!!

Siphon some of the tank water into the container that's going to hold the fish, then drop the tank-level by siphoning to about 15 gallons. Next, mix a solution of 15 drops PURE clove oil in some water and mix into the tank. Watch the fish for about 5 minutes, and see if they look "drunk". If not, mix in about 10