Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

FREE FISH

Posted By: Stu <spinegar@kc.rr.com>
Date: Saturday, 13 July 2002, at 1:39 a.m.

I know that this forum is about loaches but I also know that everyone keeps fish other than loaches so here goes. I have 2 florida gars and I don't have room for both. I would like to give one away. It will eventually require a huge tank. May reach a length of 3 to 4 feet. Since I have never shipped a fish I'd prefer not to do that. If you live anywhere near the Kansas City, Kansas area and are interested let me know. I can be reached at spinegar@kc.rr.com or doc-bowfin@ichthyophilia.com .
The fish is 8 to 10 inches long (not very good at judging length). He will accept chunks of frozen brine shrimp or krill but mostly eats shrimp and catfish. He is not an aggressive fish but quite the pig. Wi