Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Thanks folks!

Posted By: Nick <dixie61@bellsouth.net>
Date: Saturday, 13 July 2002, at 4:41 p.m.

Thanks for all the insight into loaches. Unfortunantly, my first 3 all passed away, but the last 3 I purchased have so far been thriving. One of the main differences in the first and last 3 is this (maybe one of you can fill me in on this): the first 3 hid all the time, while the last 3 are a complete 180 turn around and play all day long, explore, and pester my betta. :) Why is that? They came from the same store, same tank, just 3 days apart.

Also, another question.....loaches changing colors. My new ones I have noticed changing colors. For nstance, One I saw was hiding and he was yellow with the traditional black stripes....while one playing at the exact same time was yellow with silver stripes. Why is that?

I do now know why they call them "clown" loaches.