Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Your Setup(s)

Posted By: Drew <dojo@dojo.illusionwd.com>
Date: Monday, 15 July 2002, at 3:29 p.m.

Hi Everyone,

Not sure if this is something you guys would mind or not but I was wondering what kinds of aquarium setups everyone has. I know most of you keep loaches if not all of you, but how many? how big are they? What size tank? How long have you been keeping loaches? etc...

I'll start with me.

130gal
8 clown loaches ( 1.5 - 2" in size )
2 yoyos ( 2" )
2 Dojos ( 4" & 6" )
4 Danios ( 1.25" - 2"+ )

10gal
7 neon tetras ( 1" )
2 Yoyos ( 1.25" & 1.75" )
1 betta ( 2" )

I started with my first tank at the end of the summer of 2000, but had been reading and talking to people since the beginning of the summer when I first became seriously interested in aquaria. Then the the spring of 2001 I bought a 130gal used tank. It came with a acrylic bottom and I had to replace that with glass but only after trying to get the acrylic bottom to work about 4 reseals later I gave up. The built the stand, filtration and hood. I'm done DIY'ing tanks though! for right now anyways! It took me from that spring till this spring (2002) to get it fish ready and only recently ( 2 months ) have I had the new hood on. It's a wonderful tank now and I'm extrememly pleased with it and very proud of myself for actually starting and finishing a project! I am currently in the process of QT'ing and adding fish. 6 Albino bristlenoses plecos are coming in on Alaskan Airlines later this month. Then after thats its getting plants then whatever comes after that we'll have to wait and find out!

Ok your turn!

~D

Messages In This Thread

View Thread |