Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

I have a question re: filtration

Posted By: Nikki <akastes@yahoo.com>
Date: Thursday, 18 July 2002, at 12:21 p.m.

Can you have too much? I was running an Aquaclear 200 on my 30 gallon with a double sponge insert, one sponge for the 200 and 2 side by side from a Mini. I added an Aquaclear Mini to the tank, I took the two mini sponges from the 200 to use as medium in the new mini and added a fresh sponge to the 200 with the other one so I would not upset the bio balance (which I upset on the weekend by doing too thorough a tank clean). Is this overkill? I am overstocked and the 200 was dealing adequately with it, but I may need to add a few fish and my others are growing. I wont have the big tank going for a few more months yet (costs so much!!!!)and I just want to be sure that I am not overfiltering and doing more harm than good.Wadda ya'll think?

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.