Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Clowns vs. Ich - Update

Posted By: Tibor <tiborkun@earthlink.net>
Date: Thursday, 18 July 2002, at 7:15 p.m.

Pleased to say that they're all still alive, and the first one to get it appears to be rid of it. Today at lunch I took out the carbon I put in yesterday, did a 20-gallon water change (time limited, on a 55) and then started the Maracide and again covered the tank. It was really cute; they take that darkness as lights-out time and all cram into one of their two caves upside down, right side up, on their sides, et al, and when I rolled the sheet up to look at them this evening several turned over to look at me, wiggling lightly as though stretching and saying "What? It's morning? Someone put on a pot and I'll just lay here and enjoy the day off!" Maybe I should drop in the latest issue of Bloodworm Gourmet to give them something to read?

Last night two were out swimming about, lazily but with complete control and apparently with a desire to stretch a little from the constant snoozing. I watched carefully and they weren't going to the surface to suggest I needed more aeration. A little twitching, but I expected that. Very little eating if any, however, as I vacuumed all the flakes from yesterday out today at lunch. Ha! They even started nuzzling my small male bristlenose, who was on the glass, in the butt to push him higher and higher up!

Tank's at 88F, water level is down a bit for better disturbance out of the Penguins, and all appears to be going fairly well. I'll leave the front of the glass uncovered for a while so they can get a little light. Once it's off them, I'll treat the remainder of the ten days to ensure those nasty little protozoan blighters are all dead.

Thanks to everyone for your help, not just from me but from five clowns who were once yanked from their homes in Indonesia, dumped into buckets out of cozy bamboo poles, flown halfway across the globe and then sold to me, who managed to give them ich. I must be contangious. :-)

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.