Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

something is wrong

Posted By: Miranda <kato2216@hotmail.com>
Date: Friday, 19 July 2002, at 4:02 a.m.

I really think something is wrong and I know I screwed up some where, problem is I dont know what I did. The sand I bought was play sand from Lowe's, that was probably my first mistake. But I cleaned it really well. I have "particles" which I thought was sand and now I've discovered that it's not. This stuff is floating on the top of the water and I've tried getting it out by skimming the top of the water with a net but that doesn't work cause it just goes right through the net. Is there something you can use for removing that? Plus I just now did a partial water change, 20%, and now it looks a little worse than it did before! I dont know what to do. If you people couldn't already tell I'm a newbie, big time. Try not to be impatient with me because I lack the knowledge of this hobby. That's why I'm here, to