Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Might need a bigger tank ...?

Posted By: Leanne <lopaskar@san.rr.com>
Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2002, at 12:10 p.m.

I have five yoyos in a 29 g. along with a handful of zebra danios. I got the yoyos in January, and they have shot up in size from wee baby loaches to 4" long big ones! Some of them have started acquiring the more mazelike patterns of older yoyos, but some of them are still in juvenile patterns, and all of them still have juvenile pattern-bits visible.

I saw that someone else on here had 7" long yoyos, and I had a small heart-attack. My babies will not fit in their tank any more if they do get that long. I was under the impression that they maxed out at four and five inches. How long does it take for them to get that long? What should be my timeframe on getting them a bigger tank? They do seem a little crowded right now, but not too badly ... I clean the tank once a week, so they stay very very healthy.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.

</