Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

ISOLATION TANKS

Posted By: greg <gregandeileen@juno.com>
Date: Saturday, 27 July 2002, at 8:55 p.m.

Hello Kelvin, and a few people who have once again asked for iso-tank specifics. Anyone who wants to read an article RE iso-tank isolation for a 1000 batting average of zero disease in their main-tank, for the huge cost of a total of about $25, see this article.

Go to the main page of "Loaches" and pick the "disease" category from the archives list. This will take you to a second page where "Build and use an iso-tank" will be titled- hit this and the article will come up, with all the datails.

I started using an iso-tank after numerous bouts with ich, velvet, mean bacterial diseases, you name it. I finally quit being hardheaded and took the advice of some extremely experienced aquarists.

I have found in this hobby about the only time I have made mistakes is when I refused to listen to experienced people, and I wanted to beat my head against a wall in frustration when the results of the iso-tank showed how easily and inexpensively disease can be controlled.

The iso-tank, when properly used with all new incoming fish, will give an almost zero occurrance of disease in the primary tank. And the basic equipment can be purchased for about $25, the amount I was easily spending every year for meds. GREG

Messages In This Thread