Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

CAT/CORY INFORMATION

Posted By: greg <gregandeileen@juno.com>
Date: Sunday, 28 July 2002, at 7:04 p.m.

I was thinking of maybe adding a Cory or a small cat to help with the small amount of food that hits the bottom. The problem is this amount is almost zero after it runs the gauntlet between my top, mid and bottom feeders. I am very worried the Clowns would starve it out- they are Hoovers and eat everything, except they don't like vegies.

I thought I would ask here, seeing how LFS often can't answer the question, or only want to sell the fish. Anyone out there feeding Cats or Cories with their Clowns? How are they getting enough to eat?

Any comments would be appreciated- I won't buy a Cory or Cat until I know it will be able to compete for food. I already have a nice small Rainbow Shark, and he is having trouble competing with the Clowns. Also, any recommendations for a small cat that coul live