Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Need help with set up

Posted By: Clown Beginner <limtansc@singnet.com.sg>
Date: Monday, 29 July 2002, at 9:35 a.m.

Hi, I am from Singapore, the temperature for normal fish tanks is around 30-31 degrees celsius without a cooler and i was gonna set up a 300 gallon clown loach tank.

It is over 6 foot long and i wanted it to look as presentable as possible as i intend to add cast iron plants that last and grow under clown loach conditions.

The problem is... I do not know where to start with. I have 2 eheim wet and dry filters 2229 and the tank rdy.

What i have yet to get is.... Substrate, plants, rocks, wood to build hiding places ?

I now have 5 clown loaches in a small 3 foot tank holding less than 50 gallons of water and the clowns are about 10 inches each. They are still under quaratine from my uncle who gave them to me(he shifted to saltwater) The tank substrate seems ok for the 10 inched monsters, they look cute though and they