Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Extremely shy Modesta

Posted By: Lesley <lesleywimbush@hotmail.com>
Date: Friday, 2 August 2002, at 7:48 p.m.

I have one Modesta (I had two, but one inexplicably died) that is so shy I only see a glimpse of it around once a week. I had him in with my clowns, who paid him no attention although he is a bit larger than they are. The one that died used to chum around with the clowns, but this guy seems to be afraid of other fish, and in particular a red gourami which harasses him whenever he comes out.
I recently moved him to my other tank which has only tetras, corys and one non-aggressive gold gourami, where he seems to be doing fairly well.
I know these guys have a rep for being aggressive, but he is completely the opposite - is it possible that without the harrassment he was getting in the other tank, that he will come out of his shell (literally, he lives inside one)