Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Hopping Mad!!!!

Posted By: Lisa <mydogsowner@aol.com>
Date: Friday, 2 August 2002, at 9:50 p.m.

Ok,

I'm steaming and need some good advice.

I have a Cardinal Tetra that showed up with Gill Flukes. I had him in an isolation tank for awhile and treated it successfully, I thought.

He seemed "better" and the symptons were gone. I decided to put him back in my main tank with the other tetras and clown loaches.

Well, yesterday he started showing signs of infestation again. Today he looked bad and I ran out to the pet store to get Fluke Tabs for the whole tank.

They didn't have it, but they had a product called "Anti-fluke" by Aquarium Products. The kid there told me he used it and it worked well. I asked about half-dosing it with the Tetras and the Clowns. I also asked if the bio-filter would be affected.

He said both would be ok. I read the bottle and saw nothing regarding either scaleless fish or the bio-filter. I felt sure it would be ok for the tank.

About an hour ago, I dosed it as directed. I just got on-line and out of curiousity looked up this medicine to read about it.

There is a CAUTION on the website regarding this product. It says it WILL affect the nitrifying bacteria. Worse though it also CAUTIONS against using it with scaleless fish!!!!

What should I do? A complete water change??? I out this in about an hour ago. ALL the fish seem ok so far, but I am freaking out.

I don't know if I'm more upset with myself for trusting this kid and the bottle, or madder at the manufacturer for omitting this info on their product bottle.

Please Help, quick!!!!

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.