Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Mystery of the Lethargic Clowns - Solved

Posted By: Mr Leadfoot <leadfoot@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Saturday, 3 August 2002, at 9:51 p.m.

In case anyone cares, I found out what was bothering the clowns that I previously posted about.

To breifly recap, I had 2 clowns that were very lethargic for nearly two months. They looked good; colors were good (although they greyed out at feeding time, and never ate), no sunken depressions in their bodies, not skinny, and no clamped fins or respiratory problems. The only indications were that they were hiding almost 100% of the time, and never ate.

I treated the tank with Aquari-Sol (copper sulfate) for 5 days. On the 5th day, I noticed an ICH cyst on the tail on one of the clowns that was NOT lethargic. On day 6, I did a water change, and switched to Maracide. One day later, day 7( day two of Marcide treatment), the cyst o