Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Different Varieties of Modesta?

Posted By: Lesley <lesleywimbush@hotmail.com>
Date: Sunday, 4 August 2002, at 12:28 p.m.

I had bad luck with the last two modestas I had (one jumped repeatedly into the filters, one jumped out and died). They were extremely skittish and hid 99% of the time. I wasn't going to get any more, but I spied two in the lfs yesterday and changed my mind. These two are completely different and made me wonder if there are various strains of modesta. The last two were light blue, short and stocky like my clowns, with bright white rimmed eyes. These guys are dark indigo blue, and very long and thin. They have dark eyes, and aren't at all skittish, in fact they seem very calm and don't hide much at all. I have them in with the clowns, where so far they are all getting along pretty well.