Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

BABY KUHLIS!!

Posted By: SusanA <susanccr@hotmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, 6 August 2002, at 2:27 p.m.

When I took this job, I left my house and fish tank in the care of my son. In that tank were three Kuhli loaches - big ones - that I had for a thousand years. They were the only fish to survive a house fire in 1996, and they were at least four years old then. So my son was doing a regular gravel vac yesterday while I was there and there were BABY KUHLIS in the Kuhli cave!! They are really tiny - maybe an inch long - but are definitely Kuhli loaches. I have no idea how old they are or how many there were to begin with that did not survive. I do know they weren't evident two weeks ago.

Before you ask, I closely questioned him about what he did but could not come up with anything out of the ordinary. No new fish/plants/decor, no medications, same cleaning/water change routine, same water parameters. He keeps his fish in RO mixed with the liquid rock that comes out of the tap, feeds mostly flake/pellet foods.

I have absolutely NO idea why they decided to breed. Wish I did!

Messages In This Thread