Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Erythromycin Treatment for "Skinny" Disease

Posted By: Kyle <kyteraoka@hotmail.com>
Date: Saturday, 10 August 2002, at 8:22 p.m.

Hi. I asked several questions about "skinny" disease and received good advice on this board. Everyone is so helpful. I decided to treat my one clown loach with "skinny" disease in the 55-gallon community tank that it lives in with two other clown loaches and various tetras, oto, sae's, and cory cats. I am using erythromycin at the prescribed dosage of 250mg (1 capsule) per 10 gallons of water. The directions on the bottle says to treat for 5 to 10 days and to do partial water changes everyday. If anyone has used erythromycin, I would like to know what length of treatment you would recommend and how often and how much water do you change during treatment. Thanks for your help. I was lucky to find this board. It is a wealth of infor