Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Slightly OT - loss of appetite?

Posted By: Amanda
Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2002, at 3:01 p.m.

Hi. I have been reading this board for months, but am finally delurking. I find the advice given here invaluable!

I have 3 3" clown loaches, 4 rosy barbs, 7 zebra danios, 3 silver tipped tetras, and 1 medium sized angel fish in a 36 gallon. Partial water changes and vacuuming once per week, all water parameters are fine (pH is slightly alkaline, but ammonia is zero). My angel fish has suddenly stopped eating, and 'cowers' near the back of the tank. There are no signs of external parasites or ich. However the loaches (and the other fish) have been chasing him around, and the tips of his fins are slightly tattered. I'm not sure if the fin damage is bacterial or a direct result of the other fish. All the other fish are fine.

What is the recommended course of treatment?? The reason I asked about the angel fish on this board is because I want to make sure any treatment is sa