Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Interesting Read On KH & Driftwood

Posted By: Joe Loach <jloach@onlinetoday.com>
Date: Saturday, 24 August 2002, at 1:50 p.m.

I attempted to link a note from the Aquatic Plants List, but it wouldn't cooperate...so here it is typed out:

[This person has a KH that remains low, in spite of efforts to "bump it up." She blames the drop on newly introduced Flourite gravel.]

"Well, yes, I have driftwood in the tank. But, before putting together the tank, I kept the wood for several weeks submerged in a rubbermaid trash can. The word includes swamp rootwood from aquariumdriftwood.com and malaysian driftwood. The wood did leach a small, barely noticeable tanin. I measured the water parameters out of curiosity, just to see how and if this type of driftwood would change the water chemistry. They were still close to the