Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Clown Rescue

Posted By: Cybermeez <cybermeez@aol.com>
Date: Sunday, 25 August 2002, at 11:38 p.m.

I did something today that I've never done before as a fish owner. Until today I've been able to go into a pet shop for fish food, look at the fish in the tanks on the way out just for fun, and go home with only food. All that changed today.

I was in Petco here in NYC, the one just off Union Square, and had only gone in to pick up TetraMin Pro and algae wafers. I went by the tanks like I've done for the past 2 years and saw some unusually healthy, smallish Clown Loaches along with some other less than healthy fish.

I continued to browse and suddenly came face to face with the one of the saddest sights I've seen. In a tank full of some mid-water fish I didn't recognize was a large Clown Loach in a log next to another dead Clown that had clearly been his buddy. Judging by their size (6-7 inches nose to tail) they were a p