Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Hey, loachbound

Posted By: greg <gregandeileen@juno.com>
Date: Saturday, 31 August 2002, at 1:36 p.m.

I gave you the wrong spec's RE the rate of flow I recommended for your 55. I said the 402s were rated at 400 gph. This is not correct. Each head is rated at 270 gph, or a max of 540 for two heads. At about 2/3 setting this would be about 360 gph or 6+ turnovers for your tank.

I run the same heads for my 60 at about 2/3, and with the Emperor 400 at about 2/3 or about 5 turnovers I am running about 10 turnovers total for all the equipment.

I have tried the gear at full, and the flow is slightly high, so I run everything at about 2/3. So I would recommend you shop for a head that produces about 250-270 gph/max, but, as I recommended, make sure you can adjust them down, you will not need max flow with your two powerfilters.

And if you have ANY weak-swimmers (not river-type fish) you need to seriously consider giving them away-the river like currents may be too much. GREG

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.