Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Loach tank idea..

Posted By: Kadabra790 <templar9@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Saturday, 31 August 2002, at 6:11 p.m.

I just switched the oppupants from my 10gl. tank to my new 30 gl. (long) tank. There's a lot of room in the tank, the 1 inch clown loach doesn't know what to make of everything! He's poking around in a very realistic looking ceramic cave, and taking laps. He's eating, so are the danios and cherry barbs that are in the tank.

I now have enough room to make this a mostly loach tank, and I'm not worrying about yhe clown. He's under 2 inches, and won't be getting to 10 inches anytime soon.
I'll probably get this clown a friend or two.
I've read about Dojos, but they aren't very hardy (or at least I gathered that from 2 trustworthy LFSs). They both said Botias are much more hardy than Dojos.
So, after browsing and researching, I concluded my loach haven will end up like this:

2 or 3 Clowns (starting off small, 1-2 inches)
Yo-Yo (I picked out a nice cave for a yo-yo)
3 or 4 Skunk Loaches.

I'm also thinking of 2 zippers....but I don't have much info on these. Are they hardy? Peaceful?

Messages In This Thread