Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

strange patterned clowns

Posted By: Kaitlin <feeney99@hotmail.com>
Date: Saturday, 31 August 2002, at 8:49 p.m.

At my lfs, they had some clowns in that had some odd patterns. I almost bought one to augment my other two clownies but the other loaches in the tank looked like they might have had wasting disease because they wer really skinny. It was strange because there were about 3 or 4 that had roughly the same pattern, so I am figuring that they came from the same stream and in their stream new patterns are emerging for some reason. I always thought it would be cool to have a clown loach that didn't look quite right, maybe I will go back and try and pick a healthy tank that has one. If the other clowns sharing the tank were that skinny, would it definately be wasting or could it just be parasites, I kinda really want one and I want to give some justice to buying one but I don't want to deal wit