Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Don't Shop PetsMart for Fish

Posted By: Kadabra790 <templar9@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sunday, 1 September 2002, at 4:33 p.m.

Okay, I don't know if anyone frequently visits PetsMart. They're good for buying supplies, but do NOT buy their fish. The main reason is that each fish tank doesn't have a filter. Every tank shares the same water. The water is pushed through every tank, to a filter system, then back out again. This is a problem! That means the water from the sick feeder fish is being given to the tank of the clowns, to the danios, to the catfish, and back again. Almost everyfish will have been infected by the time the water is filtered. Not good. If you must shop PetsMart, try to find one that just opened.
About 95% of fish I got from PetsMart died within 48 hours. the 5% were 2 danios, that were bought from a brand new store (so no infection).

I just wanted to share this with you.

Messages In This Thread