Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

what do your zebras eat?? :)

Posted By: newguy K <atetyztrike@hotmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, 4 September 2002, at 2:23 a.m.

Hey guys again, got another question :)

O btw I think my cloudy water pretty much cleared up, I'll try snap some nice pics some time soon. Probelm is my clowns been hiding a lot lately only comes out after tank's lights out.

Anyways back to topic... so I've got these 2 zebras few weeks ago. They both seem pretty healthy and active, although quite timid. The smaller one (with prettier patterns) is always chasing/bugging the bigger one.

The probelm I notice is they don't like to eat anything! Especially the bigger one, which is also quite slim as well. The only thing they seem to like, strangely, is the spirulina flakes by tetra that I feed the whole tank 3 times a day. They wouldn't touch the tetramin sinking tabs, wardley's shrimp pellets, hikari sinking algae wafers, not even frozen brine shrimp or blood worms. Now the problem is, due to their timidness, they can't compete with the others if flakes is all they want to eat. And I dun won't to sprinkle more flakes than I already do now...

So, what do you guys suggest? What do they like to eat??

Sorry for the long post :)

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with