Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Gastros at last!!!!!

Posted By: Jim Powers <jimpowers@prodigy.net>
Date: Thursday, 5 September 2002, at 6:48 p.m.

Today I stopped by a lfs, almost by chance, on my way home from work. I looked in the hillstream tank,(they usually only have beaufortia) and lo and behold there were two gastromyzon ctenocephalus and one punctalatus. I was a bit apprehensive at first since some of the other hillstreams, and one of the ctenocephalus had a patch or wound on the skin. I went to another store that usually has hillstreams, but they had none.
When I returned to take another look, I noticed that the gastros were active and looked better than I had at first thought. The guy in the store told me they were saving them (by order of the girl that orders the fish)for "a guy that collects these things". I turns out, that was me :)
I took the un wounded cteno and the punc home and now have them in my Q tank. I will be watching them closely and will medicate them if they get that patchy look. Maybe I'm a bit paranoid, but I have been looking so long I don't want to take any chances.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum A