Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH ICK CURE

Posted By: Lesley <lesleywimbush@hotmail.com>
Date: Friday, 6 September 2002, at 7:20 p.m.

Two weeks ago, I noticed my yoyo and once of my clowns scratching themselves against the rocks in my 30 gallon tank. I decided to treat for ick as there were some barely perceptible white spots on my smallest clown. I followed the directions on the medicine that my lfs recommended (a "tri-chelated" mixture of 99.2% Formaldehyde and .75% Malachite Green) and removed the charcoal from the filter (Fluval 104). To my horror, my fish sickened, and started dying, as many as 3 per day. In total, I lost 1 clown, 1 blue lacontei, 1 panda cory, 1 spotted cory, 1 bumblebee catfish and a glowlight tetra. What a devastatingly horrible feeling. Desperate to save the remaing fish, I did some water changes, switched an extra cycled filter from a 20 gallon with 2, changed all the material in the Fluval, after scrubbing it thoroughly. I tested the water for ammonia, it was fine. I tested ph, alkalinity, and hardness. All were in the perfect range. It had to be the Ick cure. I've thrown it in the garbage. My remaining fish have started to swim around and pick at food, with luck they will survive.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.