Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Red-tailed Tiger Loach

Posted By: Jay
Date: Sunday, 8 September 2002, at 8:09 p.m.

Hello
I have come across an interesting loach, but I do not know anything about it. It's called a tiger loach because it is striped, other than that, it looks nothing like the tiger loaches at my LFS. Rather than being somewhat laterally compreesed like a normal tiger loach, this loach is long and squat, with a head more like a weather loach or some sort of horse-faced loach than a "normal" tiger loach. Oh, and the ail is definitely red.
I'd like to know what you can tell me about it. I bought the last (or only) one at my LFS, and the people working there couldnt tell me anything about it, except that they thought it would get between 6 and 8 inches long, and that they thought it was a solitary loach as opposed to a schooling loach.
I have a 20L with 3 yoyo loaches and dither fish, I ha