Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

HELP--ill clowns

Posted By: Fran <NJoyTropicalFish@aol.com>
Date: Monday, 9 September 2002, at 4:09 p.m.

I guess my luck has run out. Two of my three clowns have been breathing rapidly for two days AND, it looks like their heads are swelling, and their heads and mouths are red. The mouths are wide open. The temp is not unusally high at 78-80 degrees. I've allowed the water to return on the surface to create more turbulence thus allowing more oxygen exhange.

I take care of my water--I change water regularly. I've added plants again and they're helping the nitrate which would top only at around 40 ppm. Please don't tell me to check ammonia, etc. I know my water parameters.

I've added only root fertilizers, iron supplement, and one fish--yes, a new one. Just someone please tell me if you recognize these sy